Tuesday 21 May 2013

It's only Rock and Roll

For the first time ever I watched the rock and roll hall of fame inductees televised production. Now being a Saturday night and nothing on the other 100 channels I thought I'd give it a look. Personally I as a rule do not like awards shows. Something about people patting themselves on the back that gets to me. But this was very different.
First, all inductees that were still alive got up and performed live, along with some very notable backup musicians. And no one told me it was on HBO with no commercials! Another reason I hate awards shows. No this was a very credible performance by some great rock and rollers. Liked it so much I watched it again as it came back on right after it finished. But the egos, man they get in and still complain that it took too long. Then on Monday those that are not in the hall were bellyaching like Kiss and such. But really, everyone who made music 20 plus years ago deserve to be in. Question is, who can still perform and do the people who run this thing like them.
In the end, it was in my opinion a good show. Credit to the performers that were there and eventually everyone will get in. Even the rappers! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment