Friday 31 May 2013

Obesity

I have some observations to this problem that the media just doesn't seem willing to report on. If you look back to the seventies and even early eighties people were not that fat or obese, they pretty much ate the same, maybe were more active but I dispute that. No, everyone went about their business and we all lived good. I can remember the first time I ate KFC in Toronto, couldn't get enough of it. And I did not get fat. Hell when I was a teenager going to the local burger joint it was nothing for me to eat 4 or 5 burgers and have some fries with it, still I didn't get fat. Neither did many of the people I knew.
Then the science kicked in, they figured out how to fatten up cattle faster, they drugged up the chickens and put them on the same force feed diet. They started feeding these animals food they would never eat in the wild, and these animals packed on the fat making the industry way more profits. It was right about then that you noticed the obesity. Even the vegetables were being "reprogrammed" to grow faster with less nutrition. The super markets figured out if they sold you veggies for less then you could grow them they would get you in their stores. This in turn put tremendous pressure on the growers to make these foods cheaper to ship, I mean it took a grass roots campaign targeting Taco Bell and others to increase the price of tomatoes a few pennies just so the pickers could make enough to feed themselves.
So here we are where this has become even more prolific with even more corners cut and animals coming to market fatter and quicker then ever. Is this picture I'm painting becoming clear yet? Hell I'm a vegetarian and do not eat bad food and still I gain weight. I to have to live on the produce they sell when winter is here. Go ahead and be blinded by the excuses that are being made, like it's somehow OUR fault we are obese, this is what has happened, and that is why we are fat, period!
7 billion, eating up the burgers, and counting

No comments:

Post a Comment