Friday 5 July 2013

Is it that hard to figure out?

The one thing that really drives me crazy is, "we need to do more research". Yep, you never know when 1+1 might come out to equal 3. The more we need action the more we get, "we need to have a meeting on this". Anything but doing something, and then when someone actually does do something everyone attacks. It's like fighting is more fun then fixing things. You get more attention when doing this, as apposed to not doing or fixing something.
Take global warming, no matter the cause or the evidence it is amazing just how many deny it. I can not remember planes sinking into the runways, or people getting 2nd degree burns form walking on pavement. But the one I want to talk about is obesity.
Peter Attia gave an incredible Ted Talk on this subject, it was one of the most moving talks I've seen. But he is pointing out what should be obvious to anyone that cares to know. All you have to do is look at old pictures in magazines from the seventies. People were not that fat, if fact they were down right slim. Don't believe it? How about the athletes back then, slim and lean with not many 300 pounders.
But today, even those that are fit or eat really good are having weight problems. As Peter pointed out in his talk there were fat people that did not get diabetes but thin and in good shape people were!
As a coincidence I had just started juicing, as I shared on my last post. Being a vegetarian (I won't say vegan anymore as this is pretty much impossible to be) I was gaining weight. At first I thought it had to do with the fact that I quit smoking. I put on 45 lbs. (20 kilos) after quitting. And it would not go away. I was getting annoyed that I was this heavy. But then I started juicing, I changed nothing else. Still ate as much, in fact was eating more. Funny thing happened, I started losing weight. Were my cells hoarding the fat because of not enough nutrients? I have to say that this was my conclusion. When I started "packing it in the juice" I was giving myself way more then I ever have, the result was a weight loss and what I can only describe as a feeling of leanness I have not felt in a long time. Yes I know it has only been like 5 or 6 days but this feeling is intoxicating. How could I have not tried this sooner?
I believe, like many, our food is very lacking. They get more and more from the land and fatten up the animals faster and faster. What is left is food with no value. The body adjusts by turning it all into fat as a defence. If you are not getting enough nutrients the cells revolt and do what they do, try to survive.
I know this sounds like an add for juicing, but I believe this to be the problem. It's why I have a garden,  and try to grow "good food" to eat. I can't put a price on the food I grow, because it's better then anything I've ever had before. And when I started juicing my produce I have started feeling way better. I am planing next years garden to take advantage of this, more fast growing greens, more carrots, more spinach and such to juice. I will keep you posted on my weight loss as it goes, so far it has only been 7 pounds but it is a steady loss each day, I hope to get under 200 pounds soon!
7 billion, juicing every green there is, and felling great!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your theory Dad, and each year you seem to learn another piece of the puzzle! xxxx

    ReplyDelete