Tuesday 23 January 2018

Uber

I need help with this, why does this company continue to reject any and almost all pre clearance of its drivers? They left the largest city in the US because they refused to do a criminal check on their drivers. It’s almost like they want to have criminals behind the wheel!
Today one driver was arrested in California after raping four different women. He wasn’t even a US citizen! https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/23/uber-driver-charged-with-four-rapes-california?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
This company could have owned the taxi business but chose to be some kind of outlaw you can’t tell me what to do company. I may be a big male and not afraid of much but man, who is it that’s picking me up? Or my daughters? You just don’t know.
Then they attack these drivers with a shrinking percentage of revenue to the point of starvation. Was everyone involved at the start Trump followers? To be a big company like this and not care at all for your customers or the people who make you your money is hard to understand. It feels like a very criminal behaviour to me, heck I’d have more faith in a rickshaw driver in Vietnam then an Uber driver anywhere in the world.
They are currently trying to crack the Vancouver market, and even though this market needs a shakeup in the worst way I’m afraid of what will come with it.
Seven billion, looking for a lift, and counting

No comments:

Post a Comment