Thursday 25 April 2013

Indecision

I've been absent for a few days as I am preparing my garden for the current year. I have decided that I will raise my growing beds as this is much better for both the plants and for me as I will not be bending over as much. There are of coarse many more reasons to do this but those two alone make that an easy decision.
But what has me stumped is how exactly I'm going to build them. I've changed my mind at least a dozen times and today I need to order the wood needed to build these raised beds. I'm trying to be efficient and have it work for any crop or situation that comes up.
There lies the rub, unlike most animals on this planet we are always at odds with what to do. Even when we are not, someone else has another way to do it and will argue their case. Then it comes to who has rank and the money, although that does not always get it done.
Nope, as a race we are always unsure of what we are doing and procrastinate on getting it done. Politicians are incredibly good at this, debating endlessly and stalling any changes unless of coarse it benefits them.
Our brains never stop thinking and the arguments that go on inside the brain are incredible. This is the very thing that makes quitting things like smoking so hard to do. The brain just keeps making "the decision" hard to do. How ironic.
7 billion, who can't make a decision, and counting

No comments:

Post a Comment