Saturday 15 June 2013

The Truth

Ha, like I know what "the truth" is. The better question is does anybody know the truth? There is spin put on spin to the point that the spinners are confused. Not only are they confused, they really don't care  about the truth, so help me god!
It's that line, so help me god, that always intrigued me. By swearing on a bible you somehow were compelled to tell the truth, that once you "solemnly swear" on a bible what you said was in fact the truth.
Fact is is that the "facts" are always in dispute. That any two people will see something totally different or interpret "the facts" completely different from one another. I mean how else do you explain the Republican Party in the USA. (lol)
Then we get to morals, are morals the same everywhere? Even if some people have "different morals" do they understand each other's morals? Ones beliefs in the order of things is at the heart of what the truth is. But why is there such inflexibility between differing opinions? The answer to that is we are all spoiled, that we all want what we want and you are wrong and they are right. No, okay then lets fight about it and I will beat the truth into you. Yep, lets start a war on this because I'm going to get my way if it kills every last person in my country!
As it stands I see many of these kind of dictators disappearing of late. The masses are better educated and better informed. Like looking for the common denominator in a math problem, the world is slowly moving to one side or the other. Left, right, Muslim, Christen, Catholics, well I don't see an opposite to them. They are in a arena all by themselves. You get my drift here, and really I think many would argue that this is where we are right now. Seven billion people on one side or the other ready to annihilate one another. Makes for a scary place to live for sure as the means to do this are in place. All it will take is the wrong person to push the wrong button.
7 billion, with fingers crossed, and counting

No comments:

Post a Comment