Friday 2 August 2013

In the News


Haha, A-Rod is going going gone! How is it that they can't cancel a contract when the athletes are caught cheating? How many have there been that after they were forced to stop became pathetic and undeserving of the money they earn? I've said it before, I'm no longer a sports nut. I no longer watch hockey, football and the like as the game has taken a back seat to these people.
Snowdon gets a reprieve in Russia. I like this one, he has done what he set out to do by forcing this out in the open. Everyone has weighed in on this and the discussion continues. I for one do not care. Like Letterman I'm thrilled that someone would find my life and what I do important enough to snoop on me. But really, just how much can they take in? It boggles my mind at the amount of data they have to store. What I would really like is if this was open for everyone to search. And we could stop paying so much for personal backup plans! lol
What is happening to democracy? They try it, then don't like their choice and have another election, or the dictator that bullies his way to victory in a sham. Hell in the US they spend a billion to get in, every four years!! I'm sure that money could be better spent. I'm for a system of forced participation. Like some countries you have to serve your country in the military, or, the government for 3 or 4 years. There is no reason in my mind for these idiots to be elected to this plum of plum jobs. Mind you if you are an american you are campaigning and fund raising almost all the time leaving very little else they can do. But that is my point, they get nothing done for fear of being rejected. Ya ya, someone has to be in charge of spending our loot, but not so many of them. 
Still not sure about global warming? Well you know I think your opinion won't matter soon as the temps are rising and things are not as they were. Funny, I live way up north, zone 3 area, yet I'm finding it perfect for growing now. Will it stay this way? who knows, but I kind of like being where I am even if the winter is cold. At least the rain comes, and the heat is bearable this far north. Dealing with 100+ for long periods of time is not for me. I can't imagine what it's like in New York City during one of these spells.
Okay then, I'm back writing and have many more things I want to cover. Hope your summer is going well and finds you all in good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment