Sunday 27 January 2013

Birth Control and Religion

I get it and I don't. I get the need to control women, and this is what I see when it comes to religious people trying to stop birth control. The last line of defence to oppressing their rights. Lets face it, if women are caring for babies they have no time to be engaged, and the poor hapless husband who needs to work his but off to pay for it all. Yep, keep those pesants buried in the day to day activities of family. And of coarse in the old days it was to grow more armies to fight with, we need more babies now go home and pitter pater! All religions do this, it keeps women off balance and in place.
But just how many babies do we need????? 7 billion and counting, yep we need more Catholics, and most certainly more Muslims for what I'm not sure.
No we need women, we need women to fix this mess that men have made. I believe this with all my heart. Of coarse the question that needs to be asked is this, if the roles were reversed would women do it any different? Ironically I think the answer is no. If you ask any stay at home dad I think you would see the role reversal in action.
But in the end, birth control is vital to our survival right now, and empowering women to decide this is the only way it will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment