Tuesday 29 January 2013

The water supply

Okay so maybe you have an issue with humans being ironic, well please tell me how many other living creatures go about destroying the very thing they need to keep alive!
On the CBC in documentaries you need to watch, Last Call from the Oasis. This is one scary piece on the state of the worlds water supply. then I read this today, Mexico City's Mile-Deep Aquifer Tapping Suggests U.S. Is ...
Only humans can be this ironic, and well stupid! Although I don't like using the word stupid it's hard to come up with a better word to describe the lunacy that the people in power do with our most important commodity. It is very hard for us to claim to be intelligent when we do these kind of things to our environment.
But if you watch the documentary what I found to be really interesting is the cooperation of "enemies" when it came to water issues. Again, the ironic human, shows up. Many have predicted wars being waged over water, but it looks more like cooperation then wars, it's like they call recess to talk about this then go back to killing each other. Yep, 7 billion and counting.
Last Call at the Oasis

1 comment:

  1. Of all my blogs this one is by far the most popular! That makes me very happy and I hope this message continues to spread.

    ReplyDelete