Monday 14 January 2013

Introduction

My first blog, so who am I. A 57 year old white guy with too much time on my hands. But a need arose to write.
My plan is just to write whatever comes to mind, but mostly I see life from an ironic point of view. Which of coarse is what we are, ironic. And all the wonderful humor that comes with that. After years of not caring what I left behind when I go, my age has nudged me a bit, to leave something of myself for others to read. Not like there is a shortage of stuff to read. My goodness at the rate we are going the mountian of data being recorded is overwhelming. And really, is there anything I can say that will make any difference? Not really, but it relieves me to dump this out and maybe, just maybe it may make a difference.
Todays thought, bullying. The debate surrounding this is really getting on my nerves. When we cheer our sports hero's we cheer bullying. Because that is what many of them do to be successful. And if we curb this how do we learn how to deal with it? I get the sadness of someone getting bullied, pulls on my heart strings like many other people, but it will never stop and it should never stop.
How are we to learn to deal with this when we grow up? Because that is what we get everyday in one way or another.
Reminds me of how every child gets a trophy, or ribbon when competing. One needs to feel the force of losing, it adds to your culture. Maybe I'm too old school, but ALL experiences are important.
Miles

2 comments:

  1. Boy am I glad that need to write arose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^So that was Max, apparently she needs to get her own account

      Delete