Friday 18 January 2013

Opposites

So after I posted yesterdays blog I came upon this piece.
This piece should be required reading in school, what do you think?

Ive been thinking about opposites of late, like why we even think about this at all. It seems to me the "ironic" difference between us and most other life forms. How many times have you taken up the alternate side of an argument or discussion just because? Is this the hardwired thing that makes us social? I can clearly remember doing school lessons on this subject in grade school and I remember enjoying it as answers came easy.
Now it's not always the opposite but the driving force to be different where most life forms are all consumed with survival, we strive to be different, to engage the "other side" even when we don't agree with the other side.
The term, "opposites attract" is really true. WE do this on purpose to start conversations, to keep things exciting. If we were in agreement with someone all the time what would we talk about?

3 comments:

  1. Dad. This is so very true. Why do you think we argue all time? It is because it is bloody interesting that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to sepearte our accounts....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you need to get out of my account don't you think? haha

      Delete