Friday 1 February 2013

A Wi-Fi protest

In the near future, like right now, everyone will be upgrading their wireless routers. Why? Because of a new standard that is faster. Not only that but the fact that these routers are out of date and have some security issues I believe there will be a big roll out of new devices.
If you haven't noticed I'm an Apple fan boy. When I switched our family over I also got Apple's cool Air Port Extremes. What I like was the fact they came with a "guest network" built in allowing you to have an open port for friends when they came over, but not allowing them access to your private network. So if we all got routers that had this feature, and all the new updates we could all turn on the guest network making Wi-Fi available to everyone on the street walking or driving by.
This has been a pet project of mine for a while now. Ive been after any and all businesses to open up a free Wi-Fi network for everyone.
Take this even further the telcos could build out Wi-Fi stations where they have fibre optics making for fast and efficient data transfers. Combined with the way overbuilt cell network and we would have a completely connected populace. New Slogan,
Free Wi-Fi for all

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Let's not wait till all the governments come up with that. I love the idea of lending out everyone's network to one another. I hate that I live in an apartment building and there can't be some sort of sharing with guest networks so each one of us don't have to pay the damn internet companies! The world is not built for sharing... ugh

    ReplyDelete