Sunday 3 February 2013

Do you talk the talk?

I've talked about reasons for not getting things done, and made reference to us being lazy. Yet researchers can study something for years, show you in graphic detail all the disgusting things that are happening to the world. Chart how long we have to live, what will happen, and so on. But do they actually do anything about it? They may say, "hey, we did the charts didn't we, we warned you!! I bet everyone of them still drives a car, uses bleach on their whites, flies in airplanes.
Well it has been proven now. I came across this today and it all made sense,http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-01/science-confirms-obvious-americans-are-selfish?src=twitter
But I beg to differ, it's not just the Americans, we all are! How is it we can do all this work proving there is a problem but not lift a finger to do anything about it. Yep, I'm selfish, and so are you!

1 comment:

  1. It's true. It makes me feel like my job is a waste of my time. Why should I spend all my efforts researching alternative sustainable solutions to problems when all it's going to do is be published read once, thought about for a day or two (if I'm lucky) , and then be lost in the world wide web of other solutions that no one gives a damn about. Oh but THEY LOVE to talk about it and showcase it in a way that makes them looks smart and on top of the latest. Then they hop in a plane to go to Mexico for a week long vacation. I want to pull my hair out!

    That being said the optimist in me wants to use the psychology part to my advantage. If Americans, and most people for that matter, are more interested in succeeding for themselves then how can I set up policy mechanisms in a way that allows them to do this but provides to the greater good.

    In summary I want to learn how to brainwash people to do the good thing... not the bad thing and then maybe when they get there they will realize how much better that side is!!!

    ReplyDelete