Tuesday 26 February 2013

Resistance is Futile

One of the most ironic things about humans is our reluctance to change. It is at times"very painful" for people to change. No, don't take away my cigarettes, what will I ever do without my bottle of (fill in the blank) sugar, but I "love candy", and on and on.
Actually, what makes me laugh the most is almost everything we love is bad for us! And everything that is "good" for us we don't want! This irony is really where most humour comes from. The question, "why do you do that?" comes to mind as I watch the news telling me about another chemical spill into a river, or of another car accident where the driver was drunk. The message gets out, it's that we don't want to change. That is the reason for most of the shit that happens today. And I don't think this has ever changed through time.
Arabs hatred of Jews, sweeping dirt under the rug, the killing of Sharks just for their fins, the slaughter of Whales, eating meat. This list is really endless, as a species we just don't get it, until the very last moment. And then procrastination takes over, oh well, who cares!
I still blame the Brits for all this, it was their attitude to everyone else on the planet that brought this upon us. Their definition of civilization ruined more then a few ways of life. They jammed Christianity down everyones throat, and brutally punished those that rebuked what they believed. They were the ones that introduced cattle and pigs to the world, my god they dragged those poor beasts by boat because they could not, or would not change.
No, if we wreck this planet, it will be because of this fact. May I get through it before all hell breaks loose.

1 comment:

  1. Twas a lot of the Brits!
    I hope to hell I get through to!

    ReplyDelete