Tuesday 19 February 2013

Weddings and Funerals

This weekend I was reminded of why I became an Apple fan boy. After years of maintaining a large fleet of PC's belonging to my immediate family I had convinced them all to switch to Mac. But in doing so I put myself out of work, as these machines rarely need my attention. Hey, one gets comfortable not cursing and swearing at some program that wont respond.
But this past weekend I was deluged with various flavours of PC's that all needed immediate attention. My brother-in-law had passed away, and at the family gathering that ensued I was put to task as I had offered my services many times in the past but never had been taken up on. The reasons do not matter as much as they all at once decided to take me up on my offers of help! LOL
I had almost forgotten how frustrating Windows can be. I put a stop to fixing XP a few years back but found myself repairing almost new Windows 7 laptops, it's pretty bad when the first thing you have to do is buy a maintenance program to get control over all the greedy programs that demand resources. For those who want to know I'm currently using AVG to do this, but even this program has been redone with all new screens that left me a bit baffled.
In the end I found myself wondering why I had endured so many years of this frustration, but then it hit me. No one wants to admit how screwed up things are till a large family gathering occurs and someone decides to vent. Along I come and bam, 2 weeks of dealing with clogged up machines! But deep down, I'm happy to be needed again. Thanks windows for making me relevant again!

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAH ISNT' IT IRONIC!!! I LOVE THIS!!!
    WINDOWS ISN'T SO BAD AFTERALL EH... maybe it's sole purpose was to increase employment? Eh? Nah governments aren't that smart!
    Great on you Dad!!! xxxx I can imagine how much time that took!

    ReplyDelete