Monday 4 February 2013

Super Bowl Sunday

I think we all see things that need to be done moving forward, but moving forward is difficult to do when the train is moving so fast. To indulge in any change it would need to be put in front of this moving train and hope like hell it sticks! Because when it gets down to it, no one wants to change, or can change as the intensity increases. It will take nothing short of a Herculean effort to change the track we are on.
I found myself yesterday taking out my ex wife and youngest daughter to dinner, right after the "big game" started. Now I was as big a fan as most and would have begged off this dinner but I didn't. This event like many others is becoming irrelevant to the day to day life we lead. But it is also so hyped that we have no chance of escaping it. Didn't you find it like you were "suppose" to be into it as opposed to wanting to into it?
It's that dam train, we just can't get off and it is going faster and faster. I had this idea to turn one year into two. In other words all holidays, birthdays and such would only happen every two years. I mean almost every holiday is like a full time job! It's crazy trying to keep up with it. I feel it is making these things more superficial.
The game itself, well the entertainment part was bigger then the game. Cry baby Jim wanting a call in the end when they were in the red zone 2 times after the black out. I found that retarded, waaaaaaaaaaa, it was holding, waaaaaaaaa. If I owned the team I would be embarrassed for sure at the sandbox fit he threw.
But the sport of football, and hockey too are not long for this world. The head injuries are taking front page and the powers that be are all holding their breath, hoping and praying someone doesn't get killed on prime time. Can you imagine the gut wrenching going on over this? Billions and billions at stake. Life without these sports would be very different indeed. Can you imagine it?

1 comment:

  1. Agreed. It is a full time job and your right... I'm not even a football fan and I felt like I had to watch the superbowl... and so I did. That being said it ended up bringing a group of my friends and their parents together and it was a lot of fun. Perhpas we need these "excuses" to see one another and hang out in social situations instead of just sitting on our computers experiencing everything. It is an easy common interest.Entertainment in general will never die. It is such an escape and rush of emotions that people will pay anything to feel a bit of that since it is lacking so much in day to day life.
    That being said the half time show... all women on stage... beyonce givin her... enjoyed that immensely. She definitely brought her whole game that night!

    ReplyDelete