Thursday 21 February 2013

More on the Hoarse Meat thing

I wrote a post on this, but I don't think I went far enough. My son sent me a link,No more excuses. The only defensible option is to go vegetarian | John Harris that really hits the nail on the head.
Not only are we going to be driving electric cars, but we will all be eating way more veggies and way less meat. It's so "Ironic" that we as humans take forever to figure out things and make changes. We procrastinate on our day to day habits till it just has to happen! And then we still need to be dragged kicking and screaming to the ultimate conclusion.
Please read this piece, and pass it on to anyone you might think will understand it. WE have to make changes, and not just because someone thinks it's healthier but because it makes so much more sense. The population of this planet may be levelling off a bit, but feeding meat to 7 billion is going to wipe us out, same goes for fish. These super boats that are almost like factories are dragging their nets so deep to catch what is left that they are making the sustainability of those very fish near impossible. Wecking the reefs where these fish grow up is doing so much harm, well I know you get my point.
7 billion vegans is the goal, grow food, not grass!

1 comment:

  1. 7 billion vegans is the goal! Love this goal! Got to read Eating Animals someday. Best book I've read on the subject!

    ReplyDelete