Wednesday 27 February 2013

To the Meat Eaters

This past weekend I was with family celebrating a birthday. As with most family functions we all ate
a well prepared meal. For myself, I took out 2 big trays of vegetables to roast as I'm a Vegan and well it was something to share with everybody. Now what is bugging me is that someone said, hey, great burgers! Where did you buy the beef? Now lets just back this up a bit, how does where it was purchased have anything to do with how it tasted?
Those marketers have pulled the wool over your eyes. I get this same thing when I tell people I do not consume meat. They say,"but I love the taste of meat". No you don't! You love the way it is spiced up and that someone cooked it well. But their brains tell them it was the meat that tasted great. This association has got to stop. Try cooking some meat in a frying pan without the extras and see how that tastes.
This same thing is playing out with the horse meat scandal, I'll bet you that this has been going on for a long time and only now has come to light. They served up a win win for these companies as it got rid of the meat, and kept the price down. I read today that as embarrassed as these companies are, no one has said they are sorry. Why? Because they know that now this commodity is going up in price. They are not feeling the love! And they do not know what they will do now that their little scam has been exposed.
So next time you like someones meat dish, say great spices, I hardly recognized the meat at all.
It takes 10 pounds of grass to make one pound of steak, I won't even go to how much water they need!
7 billion and counting!

1 comment:

  1. This should be written in a script "Great spices, I hardly recognized the meat at all". I want to use this in a script I'm writting!!

    ReplyDelete